Class B CDL required. Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug testing. Paid vacation; Health insurance, as well as dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k). Wage is $23 per hour to start and $24 per hour after 90 days. $1,000 hiring bonus.
The Waste Collection Route Truck Driver is responsible for garbage collection services in order to ensure that garbage is transported and disposed of in an appropriate manner. The Waste Collection Route Truck Driver is employed by Madras Sanitary Service with the working hours required for the position being 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Purpose of the Position:
(Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.)
The Waste Collection Route Driver is Responsible for the following:
- Responsible for driving trucks, following established routes through residential streets, alleys, business and/or industrial areas while providing garbage collection service to the customers of Madras Sanitary Service.
- Dispose of collected refuse at Box Canyon Transfer Station.
- Pre and post trip truck inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Fuel trucks and add other fluids as necessary.
- Fill out defective equipment reports.
- Operate equipment that compresses collected refuse.
- Operate automated or semi-automated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies.
- Communicates delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns, or other maintenance problems.
- Check road or weather conditions to determine how routes will be affected.
- Tag containers to inform customers of problems such as inclusion of items that are not permitted.
- Clean trucks or compactor bodies following Alternate Entry Confined Space Protocol as deemed necessary.
- Works with office to maintain correct order in tele route positions with starts, stops, skips, etc.
- Wash truck and keep the inside of the cab clean.